Monday, December 3, 2007

The Perfect Radio Station

Imagine this. Your driving in your car listening to your favorite radio station and they play a song you hate from Jessica Simpson. You hit a button that says never play this song again. The song stops playing and the next song starts playing. In fact, this radio station will learn what you like and only play music you want to hear.

Did you know.......

The perfect radio station is called Pandora (www.pandora.com)

I can not express how awesome this station is. If I tell Pandora that I like Frank Sinatra then it will create a Frank Sinatra radio station that only plays Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. Then I can make another station call Oingo Boingo radio and it will play Oingo Boingo, The Cure, The Clash, etc.

If a song plays that I don't like, I can mark it as "I don't like" and it with NEVER play it again. As time goes on, the station only plays what I like.

But wait, there is more! You can also connect it to your Facebook page and all your friends can listen to your radio station.

And if that isn't enough, you can listen to Pandora on your Sprint cell phone so you can take it with you.

To top it all off, they have a feature where you can buy the song or CD automatically with a link from Pandora directly to Amazon or iTunes.

If you LOVE Pandora as much as I do, please contact them and find out how you can support them. This is where the future needs to go. We need full control of content.

I can see it now. I'm in my car with my new Google Phone. I browse to Pandora's website and then it plays via bluetooth from cell to my car radio.

It truly is a great time to live.

No comments: