Monday, July 28, 2008

FACEBOOK IS BLOWING UP!


There isn't anything you can't do from a Facebook page. For those of you unfamiliar with Facebook, it's a social network place. Kind of like MySpace.com. It's a place to build your online profile. You can tell the whole world your likes and dislikes from books, to movies, to who you would like to meet someday. Once you have build your profile you can then set privacy settings that only your friends can see your profile, or anyone in the world.

After that you can customize your Facebook page with applications (apps) that allow you to do things from within your Facebook page.

Here are just some of the things I do through my Facebook profile.

1. I maintain my online profile. (tons of information about me)
2. I keep in touch with friends.
3. I can check on my Netflix movie queue and see what is new in the DVD rental world.
4. I can follow my favorite baseball team the Los Angeles Angels.
5. I can listen to my Pandora radio stations.
6. I can get all my birthday reminders for all my family.
7. I can play games like Chess or Scrabble with other people around the world.
8. I can even keep updated on my MySpace.com profile from within Facebook.
9. I am even typing this blog through my Facebook app called Ping.fm.
10. I can even Twitter my friends.
11. I can even update my physical location and what I am doing through Loopt on Facebook.
12. They even have multi-player online games that can be played by thousands.

If you don't know any of what I am discussing above, don't worry. You will. Some of these applications are very new and some just aren't in the public eye, yet.

I have to go on the record and say that Facebook has nailed the all in one place to do things.

No comments: