Monday, July 7, 2008

PREDICTION #1: STARBUCKS IS ON THEIR WAY OUT


I have been telling close friends how I hate Starbucks and how I believe their days are numbered.

I should have gone on record stating this fact when McDonald's put out a better coffee than Starbucks and it was for 1/2 the price. But I didn't.

I should have gone on record again when Starbucks closed 600 stores on July 1st. But I didn't.

So better late then never, Starbucks is going to fall hard. Here is why:

1. Starbucks coffee has gotten worse over the years.
2. McDonald's offered better coffee 1/2 the price.
3. Starbucks charges way to much for their CDs. In all my years of going to Starbucks, I have yet to find one sucker that will pay $15.99 for 10 songs.
4. McDonald's is offering wi-fi all the time for free. Starbucks finally offered wi-fi for free and yet the limit you to two hours.

If your going to save Starbucks then five things need to happen:

1. Get better coffee
2. stop selling CDs for 15.99. No one will pay that price.
3. make each locations localized by allowing the area to dictate the image. Have local guitar players or horn players coming in on Friday or Saturday nights. Have poetry readings or spoken word night. Whatever brings back that coffee house feel.
4. Sell CDs ONLY from local or unsigned artists.
5. free wi-fi ALL THE TIME!!!!

No comments: