Monday, January 14, 2008

Sugar.........The Silent Killer!

So you think I am kidding. Did you know there are people dying from Diabetes and more people have it today then ever.

I finally got the call from my doctor that my blood sugar was a little high, so I decided to back off from sugar.

At first I was a little surprised, because I use Splenda all the time and I don't put sugar on anything. So I started pulling food out of the cupboards. First thing I looked at was my Country Time Lemonade. Guess how much sugar this 12 oz. can has?

35 grams of sugar.
That's right. I didn't make a typo.
35 grams of sugar.
Do you realize how much sugar that is.
That is 2.5 Tablespoons of sugar in this one can!!!!
That is only the beginning of my discoveries. Here is another test. Below are three health bars. Which one has the least amount of sugar?

1) Balance Bar 2) Nature Valley Trail Bar 3) Cliff Bar



Balance Bar = 14g of sugar / N.V. Bar 13g of sugar / Cliff Bar 22g of sugar.

If you guessed that these health bars are not healthy....YOUR RIGHT!

Be careful shopping. Read every label. Always look at the sugar and fat content. Make sure low sugar is really low. These food companies want you to love the taste and think it's healthy. You'll buy more. Fat Free Jello pudding has 17g of sugar. Regular Jello Pudding has 19g of sugar.

Why bother buying healthy and paying more money for healthy when it's not healthy.

No comments: