Sunday, November 22, 2009

WHEN THE MONEY RUNS OUT

As most of you know, my company produces a line of products (BBQ, hot BBQ, teriyaki, gourmet seasoning)

We sell our products at the Orange County Marketplace every Sunday.

This Sunday, a woman wants to buy a jar of sauce for $6. She hands me a credit card. I told her that we have a 3 jar minimum for credit ceard transactions. She complained how she had no money, only her cards.

Now I am not sure if she's crazy for not carrying money or if we need to just stop making money. At least get rid of the penny.

I am so confused. More and more people are using debit/credit card and yet our Gov't is redesigning all our bills and coins. I am not clear on why the need to upgrade a dying currency.

It's like coming out with a better record player.

What are your thoughts and suggestions for American currency?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: