Tuesday, December 16, 2008

GOODBYE CIRCUIT CITY, YAHOO, & AMERICAN CARS


Last Sunday I was looking at the ads in the Orange County Register newspaper. I wanted to see what is on sale for the holidays. I came to the Circuit City ad and for the first time ever I passed on looking at it. I threw it in the trash.

Yesterday, I was asking my wife to reconsider getting a Mega Cab Dodge Ram next year. I told her I had no interest in ever buying an American car, again.

This morning I was going through my TechCrunch newsletter. I saw a mention that Yahoo was working on some new technology/features. I passed right by the posting and didn't even care what Yahoo had developed.

At that moment, I realized how quickly I shut down a product, company, or service due to bad press. I probably will stay away from the above companies for at least the next decade, due to the fact that they are all on the deadpool list. They are there due to poor business practices or just plain greed.

I am really getting worse with age. I still haven't bought a Major League Baseball product since the players strike. Because of their greed we missed the first World Series in the history of baseball. I haven't bought a ticket to the LA Angels, an Angels hat, bumper sticker, or anything related to MLB.

I am surprised how quickly I will write off a company and never give them another thought. It's almost instantaneously. I don't believe 20 years ago people were as quick to boycott as their are today. Probably because they didn't have the internet to immediately spread the bad business practices, like we do today. It probably took a while to find out bad news.

Have you noticed that your like me? Do you boycott anyone? Who do you boycott? Will you ever go back, and if so what would it take to bring you back???

No comments: