Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How To Bring Vacation Home


I am sitting on the balcony, overlooking the waves of the Pacific Ocean, sipping a sugar free vanilla caramel coffee in my flip flops and shorts.  How awesome this is. The I got to thinking. If my regular life was like this, how wonderful it would be. To be able to experience this at home.

So the goal is to bring vacation home. Where can I get work done that's not in my stuffy bedroom office. I could join all the office trolls at Starbucks but that is so not me. I want piece and quiet. Too much foot traffic.  Some other places to bring my laptop or ipad with me to get work done would be any bagel shop, any McDonalds (yuk) or any ma and pa coffee place.
Here is the cool thing. Find a nice place to sit like a park or quiet little boutique area that is adjacent to a McDonalds or Starbucks or even a library. Use your free wifi app to help you find all the wifi locations to work at. Here is my favorite thing. Go to the lobby sitting area of a big hotel. The always have open wifi in the lobby area for guests. There never is a password since no sane person would show up to the lobby that wasn't a guest.

Now get your coffee wherever. Mcdonald's coffee is not bad. Starbucks is over rated so I choose the local bagel shop or Mcdonald's or get free coffe at the lobby of the Hotel your net surfing at. In fact, go to the pool area and sit under an umbrella. You may not get into the pool immediate area but there is plenty of outside seating elsewhere.

If your not one to venture, try working on your patio or your front yard. All we really want is fresh air and sunlight to make us feel spoiled. That is what we do on vacation and we never do it at home.

So today, everyone try to get out and get some work done with the sunshine on your face. It's pretty refreshing.

BTW, If you work for the man in an corporate office building your screwed. Just quit and start your own business. You can be an Entrepreneur even if you can't spell it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I once took my material to the pool side at HOJo in Anaheim. It was distracting.