Thursday, June 28, 2012

How To Make Money On Youtube



At least 3 times a week I speak to someone about my shows on YouTube. It goes the same way every time. So I thought I would write it up and tell everyone for one final time. You can make good money on YouTube.

If you have a camera and a voice, all you have to do is to film something and upload it. Then mark the monetize button and your now on your way to making money as people view your videos.

I have told kids that live on youtube watching videos and told older people who can't even spell youtube and all ages are completely flabbergasted that there is really good money to be made on YouTube.

Here are some astounding facts about my COOKING WITH JACK SHOW and my JACK ON THE GO SHOW:

  • I have almost 40,000 subscribers combined
  • I have been watched over 7.5 million times
  • I am seen in over 95 countries
  • I am almost making a full time salary on my videos
  • The revenue is increasing each month
Let me tell you what it took to get to this point:

  • Bought a $1000 camera. I bought the HF10 Canon Vixia and it is now only about $500 to buy the latest model.
  • Bought two 500 watt photo flood lamps with white umbrellas for $250
  • Bought the Sennheiser lavalier clip on microphone for $500. 
  • Filmed one cooking show a week for 5 years
  • Filmed one restaurant review a week for about 3 years
You don't need any of this stuff. I chose to beef up the show when I could afford it. Start with nothing but a camera and work your way up to this level.

Now trust me when I say anyone can do this. Here is how you get started

  • Decide what you like to do. (fix cars, crochet, bake, draw, archery, piano, etc.)
  • Get a camera. Borrow a camera. USE YOUR DAMN PHONE LIKE I DO
  • Film a video no longer than 3-5 minutes. DO NOT USE COPYRIGHT MATERIAL AT ALL. (music and movie clips are not allowed to be used. If you want your own music leave me a comment on how to get some safe music)
  • Use editing software. No need to buy it. PC's have movie maker and MAC's have iMovie. Either will do. There are other free ones but these are the best free ones. When editing cut out any dead air. Try to just give the meat of the video. No rambling. Short and sweet information on what your doing. If you don't know how to edit your video then watch training videos on YouTube. How ironic, huh?
  • Open a YouTube channel. If you don't know how, watch a Youtube video that shows you.
  • upload your video to your channel and make sure you put lots of tags and a great description.
  • Be sure to mark the box that says monetize. 
That's it. I will be honest. It's going to take about 6 months to a year of work before you see results. Make sure your content is interesting. Make sure you don't ramble. Editing is your friend.

If you have any questions and are really interested in being apart of something great, leave your comments and questions below and I will reply. I will help anyone with advice and direction who truly wants to learn. No one would help me and I don't want anyone to go through what I went through. 

Dream it. Make it. Share it.

No comments: