Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Free Guitar Lessons and More.

Who wants to party like a rockstar?

Just about every 16 year old kid with a tennis racket and a hair brush.

First we had Guitar Hero I and II for Playstation 2. Then came Guitar Hero III for Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and Playstation 3. Now we have the whole band in a sytem called Rockband for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

My guess is that everyone wants to play an instrument. What's next? A website that shows you how to play music.

Did you know.....

There is a website that will do just that. It's called ShowMeHowToPlay.com and it looks very promising.

You choose any song in their library, then watch a video of each individual instrument and how each part is played. You can then isolate one instrument in the video and see how that part of the song is played. The best part is that you can slow down the video playback so it's easier to learn.

This website even has jam sessions that you can watch live or from their library.

After surfing the site for awhile I learned a few things.

It's definitely for beginners, but as the site grows they plan on doing intermediate and advance lessons, too. Personally, I can barely play a rubber band so this is perfect for me.

What really interests me about unique website like ShowMeHowToPlay.com is how they grow on the internet. It's very crucial that people embrace this method of learning and that the music labels don't try to crush the site with their outrageous royalty rates. (just like how the RIAA is trying to crush internet radio sensation www.Pandora.com)

I still have a lot more of this website to explore, but from what I can see it's all free.

So go check out ShowMeHowToPlay.com and let me know what you think.

No comments: